Monday, November 3, 2008

Back to the Sweltering Heat


I-AM-BACK!

After being away for four days of no-work-and-all-play holiday to Japan, I'm back. Those four days were simply too short, and if I could, I would have made it 10 days at least, but that would still have been too short. Although I'm glad to be home, my return meant leaving the cool, wintry weather of Tokyo behind :( Home is sweltering days and balmy nights. But I don't have a choice - I was running out of money.

Right now, I'm back home and dreading the arrival of my bank statement. Yup, I can also check the damages to my bank account online, but why do today what you can put off till tomorrow and the day after, and the day after and they day after and... Although, I was *ahem* smart enough to use a debit card this time around, so that I'm spending well within my means. With no instalment plans and no minimum payments due, that was a truly debt-free holiday and nothing beats the feeling of not having to "pay up" when the bill comes.

With several reminders from my sister, I remembered to take pictures of my trip and will be back to write about them when I have time. Tomorrow, it's back to work and playing catch-up on tasks and assignments :( Sigh... well, we all have to earn our keeps and I definitely have to earn mine if I'm planning to catch the cherry blossoms in Apr.

so1itair3 out for now.

3 comments:

silvere19 said...

Good for you debt-free

Any way, welcome back and welcome back my gift from japan.. *joking*

I also want to go Japan

Celinatan said...

Wow....you don't blog but you indeed have an interesting blog =p

I think I can start learning good English grammar by reading your blog...

Welcome back from Japan, the land of the rising sun ;)

so1itair3 said...

Thanks Celina. I make grammatical errors too, esp when I'm in a hurry and I'm famous for being careless. It's sure great to be home, though I miss the cool weather - 18C in the day and no rain: simply wonderful to walk around! Cuaca di sini teramat panas!!! Hujan pun panas :( Sedih, sedih...